Friday, January 25, 2008

I guess I should post something new

Well, it has been awhile since my last posting. Guess time for an update. I started school in Jan. WHOO HOO!! I have been feeling a lot better about my life and myself in general. I am no longer taking Ambien after I had a major scare in Nov. I came home from work, did my usual routine, took my pill, and went to sleep. However, this time, I felt like I had not gone to sleep, so as I do when I cant sleep, I took a second pill. Again, laid down in bed, and tried to sleep. Another hour and half goes by, and I still feel like I have not fallen asleep, so I took a 3rd pill. Same thing again, an hour and a half goes by, still no sleep, so I took a 4th pill. I laid down, yet again, and another hour and a half rolls by, still no sleep. So, now I got concerned and got up, got dressed and headed to the corner to catch a bus across the river to go to hospital. Well, I dont really remember much of this happening, cuz the ambien was doing its thing. The way that ambien works is not by making you sleep, but by blocking the formation of short term memories. So, if you wake alot while sleeping, you dont remember waking up, and when you do fully wake up, you "feel" like you slept good. So, I guess I had called a friend of mine, while I was walking down the street to get the bus. My friend stayed with me on the phone the whole time, talking to me. He had to fill in the blanks for me later and tell me what I did while walking. I guess I walked all the way from my house, to Marshall Ave to get the bus. Missed the one I wanted, then I proceeded to walk towards Mpls. He said that I cought the bus at 46th and Lake St., in Mpls. That was a mile walk. On Ambien. Over the Mississippi river bridge. Again, I dont remember any of this. So, I went to emergency room, told the intake nurse that I was having problems sleeping, and that I had taken 4, maybe more, Ambien, and that I wanted to see a Dr. cuz I was scared about taking that much and not being able to sleep. So, I sat there for, oh, I dont remember how long before I was taken to a room. I was there for about three and a half hours total. I talked to the Dr, a nurse and someone from the Behavioral Health services. I had to sign an agreement to come back if I was still having difficulties, or I felt like I wanted to harm myself. I remember everything from the time I got to the hospital unitl I got home that evening. I just dont remember getting there. Clearly. So, I am now taking trazedone, and combined with my cymbalta, I feel like my old self again. I have not felt this way in many years. So, that takes us back to my last post. Not much happened between Sept. and Nov. TTFN, Xochail

No comments: