Saturday, July 21, 2007
An Ah-ha Moment
Well, I just had one of those moments when something that has been bothering you for awhile, all of a sudden, seems to click in place, and it no longer is troublesome or bothersome. I call it an Ah-ha moment. Many years ago my younger brother was molested by an older step sibling, and I as a young child, did not truly understand what was happening, but was aware that something was wrong, but I have harbored guilt for not sticking up for my younger brother for many, many years. I luckily have had the chance and adults to chat with him about that ugly time, and he has not necessarily forgiven me, but has told me to stop brooding on a past item that I can not change. So, now after 30 plus years, I think I am ready to let this ugly memory become a true memory. I do hope that I can let this go, but if you have ever held onto something for so long, and find it difficult to release, then I think you can understand why I say that.
But, for now, I can say with some relief, that I no longer feel responsible for what happened.
So, as per usual,
TTFN!!! Xochial
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment